Tuesday, September 21, 2010

front porch post: fall edition

When Rachel made our front porch posts I was so excited at the thought of making a new sign for each season/holiday.  So here we go, our second sign...

I'm proud to say I actually designed this one on my own.  I'm infamous for stalking blogs for hours and copying whatever cute crafts I see.  But I actually couldn't find anything I loved for mine and Rachel's "fall sign" so I came up with this one all by my big craft girl self! ha

I created the design in Illustrator first, because I'm a visual person and while the idea was in my head I needed to see it on paper before I could execute it. 
(I think it turned out pretty similar to my original design)

Then I used my Cricut and SCAL2 software to make a stencil.  Have I said how much I love this software? BECAUSE I DO!  I don't think I would use my Cricut even half as much as I do if I didn't have this software.  Anyway...I used contact paper to cut a stencil, some old wood that someone threw away (Blaine thought it was ridiculous I was grabbing it out of the garbage), some paint, ribbon and eyelets that Rachel had and we made our fall sign.  Since we had all the supplies lying around this craft was free...my favorite kind!

Happy fall, my most favorite time of year!

4 comments:

Bryan + Juli said...

I love how it turned out! Wanksta (aka the bird) is my favorite part!!

Karen said...

Nice work eggs! I love that. SO cute!! You are so crafty... someday I hope to be like you. :) ALSO.. Kash is 8 months old! Pictures? :)

Anonymous said...

This article was extremely interesting.financial help for college

Brooke Magee said...

I want one for each holiday!