
My aunt called me this week and said, "I'm just driving home from work and there are fireflies in the cornfields and it made me think of you. I don't know why I just always think of you when I see fireflies!" I told her it's probably because I thought they were make believe before I moved to Illinois and it was a magical experience the first time I saw them.
Fireflies were my favorite part of Illinois. And sometimes when it's a little humid out and the sun is just going down I search for them, but unfortunately they are no where to be found out here in the west!
Have a happy summer weekend everyone!
2 comments:
That is so cool! I have never seen fireflies before - but I sure want to!
Don't worry I'm back online! (and have TV again... it was a rough few days moving) Let me just say I miss fireflies... All of my childhood summer memories always include fireflies and I think we need to figure out how to get them to survive the dry western climate!!
Post a Comment